Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My First "Engraving"




Another artist that I know wanted an engraved pendant for a girlfriend. He had seen a piece of mine that caught his eye. That piece was clear glass, so we went through some of my glass to find a golden irridescent piece that would become the pendant he was looking for. I bought 14K gold glass paint to "engrave" the back of the pendant. You couldn't see the engraving through the glass, but she could wear the pendant either way she would like. I have another friend who saw this piece and I already have an order for another one. If you see something that you like on this blog or on my website www.middletownarts.com/sharibrandt, just email your request to sharinart@comcast.net.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes,Shari made me this special pendant that I had requested, for my girlfriend.

I came to her with my ideas and she, with her ever clever mind and eye, helped me to select the proper materials. I already had the quote in mind, and she was more than willing to apply the script in gold paint.

I was quite impressed with the result. Needless to say, my girlfriend was quite impressed, and was very eager to wear it.

She suggested I look into some other jewelry for her that Shari makes - which I intend to do sometime in the near future.

Alex